5 Uplifting Ways to Praise A Child
Motherhood and having children is an enormous challenge and gift all rolled into one. I also know from experience as a former teacher, that you always want to help children feel proud and encouraged. Now as a mother, watching my own child learn and grow, it is something that I am constantly cognizant of throughout his day to day.
I have come up with a list of tried and true ways to praise and encourage your child at any age.
- Way to Go! You Worked Really Hard On That…No matter the age, this is an effective way to praise a child. This works if you have a preschool aged child constructing a block castle or a high schooler who wrote a research paper. It also teaches an individual they should always try their best in life.
- I’m Here for You When young children are learning and have uncertainty about things in the world or different environments, it does wonders for a child to feel safe and protected. Simply saying, “Don’t worry, I’m here for you”, helps build a sense of confidence and security.
- You Can Do It! My young son is at and age where he is learning everyday. He also has moments of frustration. I constantly remind him that if he thinks he can do it, he eventually will if he keeps trying. I also reiterate this message by reading the story, “The Little Engine that Could”.
- I’m So Proud of You Children want to do the right thing in life. When you praise a child for sharing a toy or a middle school aged child for including others, this phrase goes A LONG WAY!
- I Love You No Matter What Everyone needs love. Children that feel loved will have a rich life because the love helps them feel confident and secure. When people feel confident and secure in life the opportunities are endless.
Check out my latest post-
This post contains affiliate links. TeacherSavvyMom.com participates in the Amazon Associates program. If you click and make a purchase we will receive a small commission at no cost to you.